Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Molly is sick:(

My cat Molly is very sick. She has hepatic lipidosis (fatty liver disease) which takes a long time to recover from. She *might* have some underlying disease (like cancer) but we can't find it with non-invasive tests. If she has cancer, I'm only going to do palliative treatment (not invasive surgery or chemo or radiation) so we're doing the palliative treatment (steroids) and treating the fatty liver--hoping she'll feel better soon. It's frustrating, but I need to at least give her a chance (b/c she may not have cancer at all!!) So we'll see *sigh*


Molly is sick and I have 3 part time jobs (in addition to my wildlife job) so I've been incredibly busy. Those are my excuses for not posting lately. sorry:(

In brighter news, scientists are trying to understand why naked mole rats don't get cancer. I learned a lot about these creatures by reading this article--very interesting! here is the article

I promise to try and post some cases later this week or next week.

No comments: