Monday, August 17, 2009

state fair!

work is no fun! But i did go to the state fair with mom and gma vv on friday:)


The fair was complete with...

CHICKENS!!

adorable black frizzle cochin!
(this guy has nuclear sclerosis in his eye--the white spot in his pupil! an old age change that happens to the lens...i thought it was pretty cool....but then again, i'm a nerd:)


street performers....


the largest kohlrabi i've ever seen....



deep fried EVERYTHING (gag!)



and of course, CREAM PUFFS!!! AHHHHHHHH!!!YAY!!!!!!!!!


throw in an elvis impersonator, beer and a bazillion vendors (*coughmombought$150mattresspadcough*) and there you have it--the state fair!!!

so nostalgic and wonderful:)

3 comments:

Jenn Bennett said...

I love that rooster! And I agree with you, deep fried junk is nasty.

Scritches.com said...

I love your blog. It's the only one I've found by an exotic veterinarian! I do parrot behavior consulting and don't know nearly enough, so I'm always looking everywhere for more information.

You sound like a great vet and lord knows we need MORE vets who work with exotics!

schottski1 said...

thanks so much, beloved parrot!