Wednesday, April 8, 2009

holy crap i got a job!

so after I didn't "match" i was scared....I had been watching the job market for months and NO ONE was hiring for the job I wanted (working with exotics/wildlife). It terrifies me to work in a practice with mostly cats and dogs...i think i'm just really burnt out on them....

In desperation, I emailed random exotics practices across the country and found one last exotics internship that was still hiring in WA. I talked to the vet and booked a flight to seattle...rental car...and hotel...expensive...

So i'm in the airport on a layover when i get two voicemails from clinics looking to hire.

to shorten the story...one of the clinics owners was INSANE!!! Seattle offered me the job...and the next day, a clinic in chicago offered me a job....they were comparable jobs (working with exotics and birds) and after a lot of thought i took the job in chicago.

I'M GOING TO BE AN AVIAN AND EXOTICS VETERINARIAN!!! yay:)

now i'm on externship at the minnesota wildlife rehab center and it is AWESOME!!!

today we gave a blood transfusion to a swan!!! AHH!

i'm having a blast:) more later!

No comments: