Friday, January 16, 2009

:(

I didn't get the wildlife internship i wanted, and thought i was going to get:( I came in second *sigh* talking with the internship people, it sounds like they picked him over me only because he has been working in a small animal practice for a year...which doesn't make sense to me because it's a completely different set of skills--but whatever. it's done.

I'm very disappointed:(

so now i've "ranked" two clinics on the "match" program. THe match program is this weird, complicated sort of luck-of-the-draw system that "matches" people up with residency and internship programs.

The clinics and the vets "rank" in order what clinics/vets they would be willing to go to or hire. Then the magic happens and vets may or may NOT get matched with clinics on their list. The catch is IF you get matched, you are committed to that clinic for the year (internship) or 3-4 years (residency).

I've only ranked two clinics i'd be willing to go to, mostly because i only had time to visit those two and know i'd like to work there. The one i really hope to get is an avian/exotics internship in a private practice.

so until march!

No comments: